O2 Academy Glasgow Info
O2 Academy Glasgow,
121 Eglinton Street,
O2 Academy 2 Glasgow,
121 Eglinton Street Glasgow,
G5 9NT Travel:
- To find O2 Academy Glasgow visit www.maps.google.co.uk
- Travel information in and around Glasgow visit www.travelinescotland.com Nearest Car Park:
- Bridge Street Underground Car Park and Cook Street / Centre Street Car ParkNearest Train Station:
- Central Station or Queen Street (08457 48 49 50) or visit www.scotrail.co.ukNearest Bus:
- For local bus routes visit www.spt.co.ukNearest Subway Station:
- Bridge Street - visit www.spt.co.ukBook Tickets:
- To purchase tickets in person, O2 ABC Glasgow (300 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JA) is open for ticket sales between 10am and 6pm Monday to Friday and 10am-2pm & 3pm-5pm on Saturdays (No booking fee charged on cash transactions). Public holidays may vary.
- The O2 Academy Glasgow box office is open from 7pm on show nights for ticket sales and collections.Special Access Booking Tickets
To book tickets for O2 Academy Glasgow:
- Please contact the venue direct on 0141 332 2232 ext 2 (Mondays - Fridays, 10am-5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a booking.
Spaces may be limited and will be sold on a first come first served basis.
Should you wish to purchase a disabled ticket for the event earlier than 10am please purchase from ticketing companies who are selling for the event but just buy a standard ticket. Once you have purchased your ticket you must contact the venue box office on the phone numbers above to confirm your disabled booking and carer pass if applicable.
- Alternatively you can book your ticket through: www.o2academyglasgow.co.uk or www.ticketweb.co.uk and then contact the venue on 0141 418 3000 / 0141 332 2232 or email@example.com to discuss arrangements and organise your companion ticket should one be required.
- Once you have been in contact with the venue you will be sent an email confirmation that should be printed off and brought with you when you attend the event.
- You can also contact the box office through text relay by 18002 0141 418 3000 should this be required.Companion / Carer Ticket
- This venue offers one free companion ticket this can be booked by contacting the venue directly. These can be limited in availability so please ensure you contact the venue as soon as possible to arrange.
- Companion / carer ticket holders should be able to meet the needs and assist the person they are accompanying in the event of an emergency.Braille
- Braille information sheets are available on request please email firstname.lastname@example.org call 0141 418 3000Arriving at the Venue
- We recommend arriving at the venue 10 - 15 minutes prior to the doors opening. The door time will be stated on the tickets or confirmations. Please try to arrive at the venue no later than 60 minutes after the doors open.
- On arrival please make yourself known to the venue security or staff and they will escort you to your reserved space and accommodate your requirements.Accessible Area & Facilities
- The wheelchair viewing platform is located in front of the sound desk facing the stage and can be accessed via the ramp.
- The disabled toilet facility is located at the top of this ramp which you will be shown by security staff as they escort you to your reserved space.
- The key for this is available on request from the staff at the Island bar, any member of the First Aid staff or Security.
- This platform can accommodate up to approximately 5 wheelchairs with 5 stools.
- There are also bench seats for customers who have trouble standing for lengthy periods of time or require walking assistance. They are located at either side of the viewing platform. Security or staff will escort you to your reserved space upon your arrival.Bars & Service
- The Island bar does not have a lowered section of bar counter top, but the side of the bar facing the access ramp does have the split hatch which is at an accessible height. Also, the customers either requiring wheelchair access or any walking assistance are given escorts into the premises by security, they will accommodate and ensure the bar staff are aware of their position and give them service.Box Office
- Yes, the box office does have an induction loop system, it is operational and the box office staff have instructions on how to use it. The box office is of an accessible height for wheelchair users.Merchandise
- The merch stall is accessible from the viewing platform via the House Right access ramp.Strobe Lighting & Effects
- Events may use strobes, stroboscopic lighting, smoke effects & pyrotechnics. On such shows signs are displayed. On shows with a higher than usual amount / level of this effect extra signage is displayed.Transport & Other Local Information
- The nearest rail station is Glasgow Central Station (08457 11 41 41), which is approx 700 metres up Eglinton Street and across the Glasgow Bridge.
Opening times are: 04:00-00:30 Monday - Saturday & 07:00 - 00:30 Sunday
- The nearest tube station is Bridge St Underground, which is 150 metres away on Eglinton Street / Bridge Street. This also has a number of bus stops outside which service the greater Glasgow area.
Opening times are: 06:30 - 23:45 Monday - Saturday & 10:00 - 18:00 Sunday
- The nearest bus stops to O2 Academy Glasgow are located approx 30 meters from the venue entrance for south bound and across the road for north bound services.
These are Bus Stops for the following services:
38/38A/N38; Easterhouse - City Centre
3; Milton - City Centre Circular
57; Auchenairn - City Centre
44Eaglesham - Knightswood (via City Centre)
45; Kennishead - City Centre
- The nearest car parking facilities are at:
Bridge St Underground station car park.
- Details of nearby accessible hotels, bars and restaurants can be found on: www.directenquiries.comLost Property
- Lost property can only be collected from our sister venue, the O2ABC at 300 Sauchiehall Street between 10am and 5pm on any Tuesday or Thursday. Alternatively you can email: email@example.com and a member of staff will get back to you as soon as possible.About
- O2 Academy Glasgow opened in March 2003 with a one-off performance by Deacon Blue. A multi-million pound refurbishment restored the venue's beautiful original art deco features and a beautiful, historic building. Well received by both the industry and public alike, O2 Academy Glasgow was hailed a welcome addition, with a vibrant diary of rock, pop, dance and seated comedy events, as well as credible club nights thanks to top quality front-of-house and backstage facilities.Contact Us
- Box Office: 0844 477 2000 (24 Hr)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 0141 418 3000
- For recruitment, visit Academy Music Group
- For press please email email@example.com
- For marketing and partnerships please email firstname.lastname@example.org MAP
CLICK HERE TO VIEW FULL SIZED MAP