O2 Academy Bournemouth
570 Christchurch Road, Boscombe BH1 4BH Bournemouth United Kingdom
O2 Academy Bournemouth,
570 Christchurch Road,
The Old Fire Station, Bournemouth,
36 Holdernhurst Rd,
- To find O2 Academy Bournemouth www.maps.google.co.uk
- AA Route Planner www.theaa.com
- For travel information in and around Bournemouth call Traveline South West 0871 200 2233, visit www.travelinesw.com
Nearest Car Park:
- Free parking is available from 6pm at Hawkwood Road (2 minutes from venue)
- Sovereign Centre car park (24hr on ground level)
Nearest Train Station:
- Bournemouth Train station (5 minute taxi ride)
- For more information visit www.southwesttrains.co.uk or www.nationalrail.co.uk
- Plan your journey at www.gettingabout.info
- For long distance visit www.nationalexpress.com
- Online: www.ticketweb.co.uk
- Telephone Bookings: 0844 477 2000 (24 Hr) Calls will cost 7ppm plus your network access charge
- To purchase tickets in person, O2 Academy Bournemouth Box Office is open Monday to Friday 11am-5:30pm and Saturday 12pm-4pm.
- Door sales on the night of a show are CASH ONLY.
To book tickets for O2 Academy Bournemouth
Please book your ticket through www.ticketweb.co.uk and then contact the venue on 01202 399922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss arrangements and organise your companion ticket should one be required.
- Gigs: The minimum age is 8 unless with written permission from venue management. Under 14s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Under 18s events are 13 to 17yrs only
- Clubs: Strictly over 18s (Photographic ID will be required)
Accessible Area & Facilities
Entry to the venue is via the front doors and is level access. On arrival the box office is just inside the front doors and has level access through to the main auditorium.
There are two areas at O2 Academy Bournemouth for disabled patrons.
Ground Floor - the ground floor has level access from the entrance and will be made on a show by show basis to suit customer needs.
Dress Circle - there is an area located in the Dress Circle which is accessed by stairs. The area can accommodate up to approximately 15 people
There is 1 accessible toilet on the Ground Floor this is accessed by a radar key.
O2 Academy Bournemouth originally opened as The Grand Pavilion Theatre in 1895 with various incarnations over the years. It was first used as a circus, and in 1899 became The Boscombe Grand Theatre for its music hall days and The Boscombe Hippodrome several years later. In recent times it has converted to a dance hall, a Royal Ballroom and was a renowned venue for the disco era of the 70s, club acts of the 80s and the dance explosion of the 90s. A Grade II listed building, in more recent times, it changed to the Opera House and still boasts a magnificent interior with period features, including the proscenium arch, art-deco styling and ornate steel work. The main auditorium is the heart of the venue. A stunning theatre, there are three levels for seating, plus royal boxes and booths.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW FULL SIZED MAP
New Topic NameNew Topic Text
8 Events for O2 Academy Bournemouth 8 Events
02 Oct 2017 Mon 19:00
Gary NumanMon 19:00
10 Nov 2017 Fri 22:00
Festival of the DeadFri 22:00
17 Nov 2017 Fri 19:00
Scouting For GirlsFri 19:00
24 Nov 2017 Fri 19:00
The Selecter / The Beat Feat. Ranking RogerFri 19:00
26 Nov 2017 Sun 19:00
John Cooper ClarkeSun 19:00
30 Nov 2017 Thu 19:00
The Divine ComedyThu 19:00
03 Dec 2017 Sun 19:00
Bowie StarmanSun 19:00
12 Dec 2017 Tue 19:00
Shed SevenTue 19:00